How much are u haul trucks? Don’t worry! Our Typestrucks article here will help you figuring out and help you with moving budgeting
How Much Are U Haul Trucks; A Review
For decades, U-Haul has become trusted friend of DIY movers. The company provide various services, with the most popular one is truck rental. They provide you with affordable base price and you can even choose additional accessories or services to accommodate your moving needs. Now, if you’re wondering how much are u haul trucks and what factors that contribute to it, you’ll find the answer from our review below.
How Much are U Haul Trucks?
If you’re planning to move by yourself any time soon, it is wise to take some research to figure out how much are u haul trucks. Knowing this can actually bring huge difference for your budget planning. Firstly, you’ll need a credit or debit card if you’re planning to rent a U-Haul truck. On rare occasions, you may opt to pay in cash for the rental at the drop-off site. For local rentals, the majority of places rent to people without a major credit card, however at least a $100 cash deposit is necessary.
Depending on the vehicle you rent and your location, U-Haul charges various pricing. However, this isn’t a comprehensive list of all the alternatives accessible in each location because we wanted to compare like with like. By providing your desired pick-up/drop-off locations and anticipated moving date, you can receive a price online. It’s vital to keep in mind that U-Haul does not provide a binding quote option, so it may be impossible to find the fixed rate of how much are u haul trucks.
So, how much are u haul trucks cost? According to the advertisement, they will charge $19.95 -$29.95 a day. for the truck’s rental fee. Even if their prices are less than those of many rivals, the per-day rates that U-Haul advertises do not include mileage, petrol, taxes, insurance, or other expenses.
The costs charged by U-Haul frequently double or triple the original price. The environmental tax is one of the most shocking fees. Every rental costs between $1 and $5, and the company uses this revenue to make changes to its fleet that are friendly to the environment. This is probably one of many reasons why you must be careful before deciding to use their service.
Available U-Haul Truck Services
As we’ve mentioned earlier, how much are u haul truck costs can be determined by the service type of your choice. Each service comes with different price tags. Some additional services might add up more to your total cost that might gives you unpleasant surprise. Understanding these available service from U-Haul will help ensuring that you’ve got the one you need for your moving process:
- Pickup trucks rental: This type of trucks is the most popular rental trucks from U-Haul. They typically seat three passengers and feature an 8-foot bed with a 6,000-pound towing capacity
- Cargo vans rental: Available for larger moving, these trucks typically have a 245-cubic-foot capacity, 9.5-foot interior depth, and two-person seating
- U-Haul moving trucks: Moving trucks from U-Haul are available in 10, 15, 17, 20, and 26-foot lengths. The towing weights are between 6,000 and 7,500 pounds. All other trucks have three seats, except the 10-foot trucks, which have two. Renters should be advised that these cars only go 10–12 miles per gallon of unleaded petrol on average, and that there is a per-mile fee between $0.79 and $0.99
- One-Way Truck Rentals: A one-way rental is when a truck is rented from one U-Haul facility and returned to another location close to the final destination. One-way rentals often include a mileage allowance and a set charge for 24 hours
- U–Haul trailer rentals: When making a reservation, clients can add a trailer unit. For front-wheel drive automobile towing, for instance, they have tow dollies, and for all-wheel or four-wheel drive car towing, they have car hauler units.
- U-Haul Trucks Share: Self-service truck rental through U-Haul Trucks Share is available around-the-clock on a mobile device. Customers add their picture, driver’s license, the truck’s odometer reading, the amount of petrol left in the tank, and any visible vehicle damage. Online insurance purchases are also possible
Available U-Haul Truck Rental Options
To meet your demands, U-Haul moving offers a variety of truck sizes. The most popular size is a 10-foot truck, which is ideal for minor moves and one-bedroom residences. U-Haul also offers cargo vans and 20- and 26-foot vehicles for people making larger moves or transporting a smaller number of products. You may also compare various sizes on the U-Haul website to discover the best fit for your move!
Regardless of the size you select, all U-Haul trucks include standard safety equipment including air conditioning, power steering, automatic gearboxes, and anti-lock brakes. In addition, you can trust that they will provide dependable service and assistance, ensuring a flawless move. Obviously, how much are u haul trucks total price will depend on your moving time, distance, and additional services of your choice.
Available U-Haul Insurance Coverages
How much are u haul trucks can also depend on the insurance (if you choose any). For your protection and the protection of your possessions during your move, U-Haul offers a range of coverage options. There are many alternatives available to pick from to find the ideal one for your needs, ranging from simple liability protection to full replacement coverage. The available insurances from U-Haul are:
This basic protection package is reserved just for moving trucks. It covers theft of a vehicle, unintentional damage to the vehicle and/or contents being carried, and essential medical and life insurance benefits. The fee is normally approximately $15, and the maximum (limit) is $80,000. Liability insurance is not a part of Safemove.
The advantages of Safemove are fully included in this package, which is only applicable to moving vehicles. It does, however, come with $1 million in liability insurance. This plan is almost twice as expensive as the basic option, costing about $30 each rental.
Insurance Coverage for Cargo and Pickup Trucks
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), which has a $150 deductible, is the only form of coverage available for these cars. Customer liability for unintentional damage or theft would only be $150. The price each rental is normally between $10 and $15.
In case anything goes wrong with your rental, U-Haul also offers extra services like customer support and roadside assistance. You feel more at ease knowing that help is just a phone call away! In the end, U-Haul is a fantastic option for any relocation because of their extensive selection of trucks and services at affordable costs.