Truck Accident Causes Typestrucks.Com Already know what causes most semi truck accidents? Or want know common causes of truck accidents statistics?
Although there are many safety regulations for commercial vehicles, the frequency of truck accident yesterday was still shocking. Tow truck and other serious truck accident causes thousands of deaths and of serious injuries every year.
Many factors can lead to serious truck accident injuries or died. If you are injured in a truck accident, a law firm can help you file a loss claim. So what causes most semi truck accidents?
Truck Accident Causes
The Common Cause of Truck Accidents
By knowing the cause of accident, you can take a precaution step on how to avoid truck accidents. The most common truck accident causes include:
• Driver error. By far, negligence or error by drivers is the most common causes of truck accidents statistics. Like all motorists, commercial drivers are very worried about distractions, and the consequences may be more serious.
• Driver fatigue. Fatigue is common truck accident injuries causes and can lead to incorrect speed calculations, incorrect judgments, and loss of control over large vehicles. Meeting unrealistic deadlines is another driver error that leads to serious truck accidents.
• Poor maintenance of the vehicle. Failure to properly maintain brakes, tires, and other parts can be the cause of commercial truck accidents. Drivers must be inspected before traveling, and the company must hire qualified service personnel.
• Unbalanced load. Truck drivers often have to handle oversized cargo. This means that the dock worker is responsible for loading the trailer correctly, but the driver must check his cargo before closing the door.
• Equipment failure. Third parties (such as parts manufacturers) may be responsible for truck accident causes where technology causes drivers to lose control of their platforms.
• Defective brake. Trucks rely on brakes, which means they require more maintenance than other parts of the vehicle. If the brake does not work, is defective, or is incorrectly installed, a tragedy will occur. This is most likely caused by one of these problems, although you are not sure which one.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
The steps below will not only expedite the necessary support, but also help your truck accident lawyer quickly dispute your claim no matter the truck accident causes:
• Call the police and emergency services. Any accident that causes major damage or personal injury must be reported in accordance with the law. The officer will prepare an accident report to help you with future claims.
• Capture the scene. Take as many photos as possible, including trailers, cars, and scenes. If treatment prevents you from doing this, ask a friend or family member to do it for you.
• Note everything. Gather some information, including name and address, company, trailer number, etc. They have at least one trailer number (usually on the back door). It can then be traced back to this trailer to the driver’s list.
• Seek medical help. Even if the injury cannot be detected immediately, follow the instructions of the paramedic. Go to the hospital.
• Continue treatment. Follow all the treatment plan prescribed by the doctor. Keep all receipts and itemized evidence because they are important to the future compensation.
• Report your accidents at work. Make sure your employer knows what happened, and what to do next. If you have an accident while working on the road, your employer can provide you with additional benefits.
Never leave the crime scene no matter what truck accident causes and stay as sane as possible and cooperate with authorities and medical staff who provide you with protection.