Truck Accident in California Typestrucks.Com Whether you call them trucks, tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, big rigs, or semi-trucks, chances are great to get a truck accident in California. The standard commercial truck is around 80,000 pounds, which makes a 3,000-5,000 pounds car look tiny as compared.
Due to their immense weight and size, semi truck accident California today is often catastrophic. They’re going to cause serious damage and frequently end in fatal injuries to everyone who is involved.
Truck accident in California can also be incredibly difficult to handle. Fortunately, a lawyer for truck accident today Los Angeles can assist you identify the case and, if you do, can assist you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Truck Accident in California
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
By far, the common explanation for giant truck accident in California is negligence. This negligence could be one party’s fault, or it’d be the culmination of the various poor decisions. The common samples of negligence in semi truck accident on i-5 today include:
• Falling asleep at the wheel
• Driving under the influence
• Failure to yield right of way
• Road rage/aggressive driving
• Failure to obey traffic signals/signs
• Distracted driving (texting, eating, etc.)
• Violating company, state, or federal trucking laws
• Failure to manage driving tactics supported weather
Common Truck Accident Injuries
The sheer size and weight of a huge rig mean that it could do more damage compared to average truck accident in California. No matter how safe you’re feeling in your car, during a collision with a tractor-trailer, you’ll sustain serious and significant injuries.
The injuries you’ll receive depend on things like weather, the speed of the vehicles, etc. But, generally, common injuries for semi accident this morning can include:
• Burn injuries
• Broken bones
• Organ Damage
• Neck and back injuries
• medulla spinalis injury
• Traumatic brain injuries
• Partial/complete paralysis
• Ligament and disc injuries
• Severe bruising
After a traumatic semi truck accident Los Angeles today, you’ll find yourself suffering from emotional issues, like PTSD, depression, or anxiety about driving again. Whether physical or emotional, your injuries should not be taken lightly and are deserving of monetary compensation.
Who is liable for a Tractor-Trailer Accident?
The examples listed above are just a couple ways of a teamster could be considered negligent to a truck accident in California. That said, other parties could be responsible.
One is that the truck driver’s employer. While there are many laws that dictate how trucking companies must operate, that doesn’t mean they’re followed. A company could be held liable for a semi truck accident yesterday if they:
• Enforced deadlines that caused the teamster to rush
• Forced the drive to work more hours than they need to have
• Didn’t adequately vet drivers (background check, drug test, etc.) Before hiring them
• Did not care of the safety equipment, parts, and computers needed to operate safely
• Hired a driver that did not have the experience or training to undertake to the work safely
• Deliberately overloaded a truck
The truck accident on 405 today even caused by a manufacturer who acted negligently. Failing to warn truck owners or not notifying them of a recall are just two samples of manufacturer negligence.
Because there are numerous entities who could be responsible for the truck accident today near me, you need to seriously consider hiring an experienced attorney on truck accident in California who can help you thru this process.