7 Shocking Statistics About Truck Accident Today

Truck Accident Today Typestrucks.Com If you inspect accident today statistics within the US, you’ll notice that although road crashes involving large trucks are less frequent than car accidents, but they involve more fatalities and worse injuries.

The industry is taken under consideration the “lifeblood” of the U.S. economy and is that the vital link between producers and consumers.

Since accidents involve massive vehicles that weigh tens of thousands of pounds and carry hazardous materials, the accident poses significant threats to car drivers, their passengers, and others.

Let’s review 9 truck accident today stats that every driver should remember of.

Truck Accident Today


#1. The Accident Mostly Takes a Place 65% Higher During Daytime Hours.

Truck Accident Today

Although accident news is more common within the dark, truck accident statistics show the opposite is true. The danger of colliding with an ads truck is 65% higher within the daytime (6 am – 6 pm). The remaining 35% of truck crashes occur within the dark between 6 pm and 6 am.

#2. Thursday’s Are the Most Dangerous Day of Week.

Truck Accident Today

Statistically speaking, Thursday sees as the foremost important percentage of accident today Philippines, followed by Friday. The lowest is on Sunday.
How many truck accidents happen a year? According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there are nearly 450,000 truck crashes reported to police in 2017. Of these, approximately 1 percent were fatal, while the other 23 percent resulted in injuries.

#3. The majority of Truck Crashes Occur During Clear Weather.

Truck Accident Today

How does the weather contribute to truck accident today NY? Although it’s getting to seem that adverse weather like rain and snow are liable for an outsized percentage of truck collisions, statistics show that the bulk of these crashes occur during perfectly clear weather (more than 66%).

Cloudy weather contributes to only about 15% of collisions involving 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, and semi accident today Hume Highway.

#4. 64% of All Fatal Truck Accidents Involve 2 Vehicles.

Stats show that one-vehicle crashes account for nearly 20% of all fatal truck accident today, the other 64% involve two vehicles. In additional than 11% of the collisions, there are three vehicles involved.

Read Also:

5 Easy Tips to Find Truck Accident Law Firms
4 Possible Reasons for Semi Truck Accident

#5. Tractor/Semi-Trailers Cause Most Truck Collisions.

Tractor/semi-trailers cause the majority of accident today NZ (nearly 59%), followed by single-unit trucks with two units (more than 20%) and single-unit trucks with three axles (almost 10%).

#6. The Passengers Are More Likely to Die.

The driver of the truck dies in but 15% of truck crashes, while the driver of the other vehicle involved is killed nearly 57% of the time. Passengers of other car account for quite 16% of accident fatalities.
Each year, Georgia sees between 180 and 230 fatal truck accident today NSW, accounting for nearly 14% of total automobile crash fatalities within the state.

#7. Speeding and Distracted Driving Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents.

Speeding, distracted driver (inattentive driver, cellphone use, etc.), and failure to break are accounted for entire 17% crashes, with speeding being the foremost common truck accident QLD.
Other common driver errors that contributed to truck accident near me is listed during this particular order: driving under the influence, careless driving, failure to stay within the right lane, failure to obey traffic signs, and failure to require care of a secure distance.

Although truck accident today is rather prevalent, the majority of them are often can be prevented by careful and cautious operation of vehicles and compliance with federal laws and safety protocols.


Check Also

2018 freightliner cascadia for sale

What Makes 2018 Freigthliner Cascadia for Sale the Best?

Buying a 2018 freightliner cascadia for sale is highly recommended for business owners. We’ve compiled …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *